I’m a UX design consultant, author, and educator.
I work with designers, software development teams, and communicators to help decide what to design, and how to design it using a system-aware and user-centered approach.
I teach undergraduate and graduate classes in interactive and information design at Northeastern University. From 2004-2015 I co-owned the UX firm Nimble Partners, and co-wrote Visual Usability, Principles and Practices for Designing Digital Applications, published by Morgan Kaufmann.
Formal study includes an M.Des. in human-centered communication design from the Institute of Design in Chicago; summer with Paul Rand and Armin Hofmann in Brissago, Switzerland; and a BFA in graphic design from Boston University.
- User experience strategy & design
- stakeholder workshops
- user research: participatory design sessions, contextual inquiry, persona, and scenario definition
- conceptual prototype design and testing
- qualitative usability testing
- wireframe or prototype development
- UX, UI and/or IA heuristic review
- Information architecture (site maps, structure, organization, and flow) & content strategy
- UI design and direction
- Infographic & information design direction
Contact me at tania@taniaschlatter dot com